Tuesday, August 25

My recent email interchange...

The below is a transcription of a recent email exchange between myself and Peter Rigby. I was attempting to email Peter Rigby - my foster sister's father, in relation to wedding arrangements for his daughter.

My sister suggested I put it up here for the amusement of others. I have blanked out our email addresses for obvious reasons.

As per all email exchanges, start at the bottom and work your way up.

:-)

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: "P.rigby@xxx.com"
To: NATALIE B
Sent: Tuesday, 25 August, 2009 2:26:20 PM
Subject: Re: Rachel's wedding and table

Don't forget the oil-streaked bit of the stripper... that sounds like it would really liven up the hen party...

Afraid I have to confess that you really have got the wrong Peter -although if I were the real Peter I would also be amused that you were embarrassed so him and I must have something in common!

And yes, I will regale this story at future dinner parties, I hope you get over the embarrassment.

Would be interested to learn how you come upon my email address in the first place?

Peter

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

From: NATALIE B
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:08:33 +0000 (GMT)
To:
Subject: Re: Rachel's wedding and table

Do I sincerely have the wrong Peter..?



The real Peter would think it amusing to pretend it wasn't himself so I felt excruciatingly embarrassed at having discussed gyrating strippers to an utter stranger... I'm all in a confusion now.



I'm terribly sorry if you are the wrong Peter. But looking on the bright side, I'm sure secretly you are utterly delighted to have erroneously received the below - it's a good dinner party anecdote surely! :-)





From: "p.rigby@xxx.com"
To: NATALIE B
Sent: Monday, 24 August, 2009 12:44:58 PM
Subject: Re: Rachel's wedding and table

Hi Natalie, I think you have the wrong Peter...

That said... I think its only fair that you arrange a gyrating, oil slicked stripper for Ray's hen night... I will let you know if I am available -hen nights are free!

Peter (the wrong one)

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

From: NATALIE B
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 08:53:15 +0000 (GMT)
To: p.rigby@xxx.com
Subject: Rachel's wedding and table



Hi Peter,



How are you? I hope my mother behaved herself for you and Carol...



Two things:



One, I heard you are looking to get rid of an old desk. I'm looking for a desk - I'm converting my dining room into a reading room and would like a writing desk. I wonder if you would consider selling it to me - and how much would you like.



Two, there is NO WAY I am arranging a bl**dy stripper for Ray's hen night. If she wants one, tough titty. I'm the chief bridesmaid in charge of organising the hen night and it will be a quiet, calm affair with no baby lotion and gyrating men thank you very much! Just had to clarify that. I have my reputation to protect and all...



Pass on my regards to Carol and speak soon!



Love Natalie xx

4 comments:

Jess said...

Hmm this could be the start of a great love story or failing that a fantastic script for a rom-com... :)

Zoe said...

Superb!! How funny … has made my night and exactly the kind of faux pas I would make!! You are an angel and don’t be embarrassed…think of the smile you have put on someone’s face and others when the story told on both sides!!! Wonder who he is????!!....

Natalie said...

I think the latter Jess :-)

I don't know Zoe, I don't know. I think we can safely conclude the following however...
1. He is over forty (based on the fact that his name is 'Peter')
2. He has a decent job (as he has a blackberry)
3. He has a sense of humour
4. He isn't a teacher (he said 'him and I' not 'he and I')

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]QRtMNj[/url] - sxzMh , http://pyfnknfrtw.com